Saturday, March 9, 2013

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: It's Complicated

"Love is the reflection of a broken heart in a shattered mirror."
- Anonymous

There are times in our lives wherein we perceive love negatively, but no matter how much we are in pain, we refuse to picture our lives without that one person who means the world to us.  Then again, there are those moments wherein we tend to just give up, lose hope and never look back because all that was left for us to look at are the painful memories of yesterday that we can never take back no matter what we do and no matter how much we try to.

I have been in love a couple of times already, but I am not quite sure if what I have felt for those boys who got away is really love.  Whenever I am asked to define love, I do not really know what to say.  And I think this is the part where being complicated when you are in love actually enters.  Maybe, just maybe, love is complicated because we cannot define it with a definite meaning.  For example: You love him, but you do not like his habits; You love him, but he gives you headaches; You love him, but he hurts you even if he does not want to.  Do you get what I am saying?  My main point here is for you, as long as you love him and the love is reciprocated that is all that matters even if your relationship is one hell of a roller coaster ride.

In my case, love has been one of my greatest achievements and downfalls.  When I am in love, I tend to just think of my partner's happiness and that is all I care about.  The wrong thing about that?  It is the fact that because I try my best to please my partner, I forget my very own happiness.  While it must be true that relationships bring you happiness, making yourself happy WHILE in the relationship is a completely different thing. You might not get my point right now, but when the time comes, you will eventually understand how I feel.

How funny love can make us happy, sad, cry and even laugh all at the same time.  Contrary to the previous paragraph I have written, in the end, though we know how love makes us crazy, we still choose to love because we know that the feeling of being complicatedly in love is still better than being single.  Yes, love is a tough terrain to hike on.  You will encounter endless dirt roads, but at the end of each day, you will still need somebody to lean on.



12 comments:

  1. Sana mahanap mo na ang magaalaga sayo :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully. Pero hindi ko naman minamadali ang love. Darating din 'yan. At kapag dumating na, hindi ko na papakawalan pa. :)

      Delete
  2. sad but true..akla ko dati basta mahal mo siya kaya mo na lahat..tipong kht ganu kasakit na ok prin..ddting pdin pala ung oras na susuko kna lang bgla kasi sobra na..

    ..czes..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love is a two-way process. Hindi pwedeng ikaw lang 'yung nagbibigay at nagmamahal. When you love someone, lalo na kapag nasa relationship ka, you expect your love to be reciprocated.

      Just wait for the right time. Darating din 'yung right guy para sa'yo. :)

      Delete
  3. Love hurts and stings a lot of times.. Especially when you have tried to make the relationship work.. :(

    Btw I was the one who commented on your other post.. Keep on writing.. You have an amazing talent of making others relate to your blog..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does. But I think that is one of the challenges that we have to face as we go on with life and I believe that it only makes us stronger. :)

      Thank you for your kind words. I'll keep on writing and will try my best to inspire more people. Thank you for reading! :)

      Delete
  4. No comment so far I havent showed my partner that I cared for her. I dont want to lose her she literaly is my life and I promise not to her byt to myself to take care of her 9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if you really love a person, you'll do anything to make her happy. If you don't want to lose someone, you'll avoid doing things that she doesn't like.

      Good luck on your relationship! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi. What will Indo if my boyfriend keeps on cheating on me? Even if he does, I still accept him because I love him. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First question is, have you told him that you know about him cheating or you just let him do his own thing and cheat on you? Love does not mean that you have to be a martyr. Once you are in a relationship, you trust someone and by trusting that person, you believe in him. Each person has their own limits. Yes, you love him, but how far can you go? How martyr can you be? You may be his number one, but every girl wants to be a guy's only one.

      I hope what I said helped you. :)

      Delete
  6. If you don't mind me asking, are you in a complicated relationship right now? If so, how do you manage to stay in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! :)

      To be honest, I am. How do I manage to stay in it? Well, I can say that it is actually hard because as much as possible you make yourself believe that after some time the relationship will improve. I have been trying my best to stay in it because the love is still there and I still can't imagine myself without the person. But then, if the time comes that I'll be totally fed up, maybe I'll consider letting go because it's the only option left.

      Delete