Saturday, March 2, 2013

MY COLLEGE LIFE

"It's a hard life... but if I could, I would do it all again."
- Natalia Makarova

I came from a school wherein boys and girls were always together in a classroom.  It was fun and annoying at the same time, but I think that it is better that way.  It was indeed noisy and messy inside our room, but I can say that those were the best years of my life.  It is nice to have a friend who is from the opposite sex especially if he is just your classmate because he will always be there whenever you need him.  While growing up, most of my girl classmates would say that I am a flirt and all that negative stuff just because I was kind of boyish before.  Boyish in a sense that I get along with boys better than with girls.  Some may find it weird because they think that is better to have girl friends, but it was the other way for me.  While some may think that boys are insensitive, I would certainly disagree.  I believe that they have that common misconception because boys usually break their hearts, but if you really get to know them, you'll eventually think the same way I do.

Moving on, it was a big challenge for me 2 years ago to move to an exclusive girls school when I had to enter college.  I felt like I was in a mess.  I could not even stand a room full of girls, what more in a school full of girls.  There may be boys, but it is either they are deaf or they are my professors.  How great!  My first year in that particular school became really tough.  All those girls wearing HEAVY make-up as if they are going to a party, talking about boys most of the time, different way of speaking (Oh, you know, the typical: Ohemgeee! I think my nail polish just chipped off! What am I gonna do?! I am so screwed!).  If my previous school would be heaven, this would be the other way around.  It was really hard to talk to my classmates without hearing them whine about something.  One statement that would describe my stay here: I'M DOOMED!

I thought it was the end of my life, but after some time, I grew a liking to the people around me.  I realized that I had to somewhat adapt to their way of living and I am good to go.  Living in a world that is very much different to the world you got used to is really tough.  But then I realized, I cannot let the people around me ruin my chances of having a good future.  I just have to live my life and go with the flow.

6 comments:

  1. I've studied in an all girls' school ever since.. Next school year, I will be transferring to a co-ed school for college.. I hope it will be easy for me because I'm not used to be around boys..

    Nice blog, btw.

    - Lei

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some significant changes between co-ed and exclusive schools. In the end, it'll be your choice if you'll enjoy your stay in the school where you'll be studying. Best of luck for the next school year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its good in a coed school:) 9

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coed is the best
    9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. Not really. It depends on the situation. Some people would prefer co-ed while some would prefer an exclusive school. :)

      Delete